Monday 10 August 2015

I'm a graduate, so now what...?

Following the hubbub of exams, dissertation hand in and graduation the focus in my life has shifted from reading and writing about lots of new things to job hunting and writing predominantly about me, something that isn’t the most rewarding of pursuits… There are only so many ways to tell potential employers that they should hire me. So I would like to take the new found time previously devoted to my studies and use it to write for the first time about the science and technology that interests me and hopefully those reading.

On that note I would like to share a little more information about myself. As I have already said I am a newly capped science graduate, chemistry to be precise, from one of the oldest institutions in Scotland. Not that that seems to help much during the whole job hunt but cei la vie. I grew up in the north of England, in an area dominated by heavy industry; at the beginning of the 20th century I would have been the daughter of a miner and not have the wealth and breadth of knowledge I do today. However I am a 21st century girl and my dad, along with everyone else within a twenty mile radius, is slave to our nuclear legacy. At eighteen I escaped to Glasgow, only to return each summer and now indefinitely. So this blog I hope will be my own space to share with the world and remind myself that there is life after the third.


So without further ado…

No comments:

Post a Comment